So here is the 2o min per day Twitter Workout to help you become more effective with your time on Twitter.
Most people tell me that part of the reason they don’t want to get involved with Twitter, is that it takes too long, and that they have far more important things to do. Well, as I tell all my clients whatever time you have available, is the time you have available.. The key is to be as effective and productive with that time as you can.
So here is my 20 min per day Twitter workout. Will it make you lose weight, no, will it make you adorable to women, no, will it get you thousands of new followers in minutes, no, will it get you tons of new sales in seconds, probably not.
But stick with this 20 min Twitter workout each and every day and see how you have got on after 1 month. Measure the increase in website traffic, ( I hope you are measuring traffic from Twitter ) or newsletter sign ups, or actual sales, and whatever other metrics that are really important to you.
The 20 Minute per day Twitter Workout
1. Send out 3 social chit chat messages as you go about your day & ask others about theirs
2. Share 3 things that you have found that you want to share with others
3. Retweet 3 messages from others, that you wanted to share with others
4. Send out 2 messages that demonstrate your expertise or knowledge
5. Spend time replying to anyone that messages you
6. Spend time answering any questions around your area of expertise
7. Spend some time recommending other peeps to follow
8. Answer any direct messages that are not spam
9. Invite a daily question on your area of expertise or knowledge
10. Find several new targeted peeps to follow & engage with each day based on your criteria
11. Spend time in the Search, listen & then engage when you can add value
OK, so there is my 20 minute Twitter workout. Try it and see if it makes a difference to your business. I would love to hear how you got on after a month of doing it or so. Oh and please don’t automate any of the above to save time, remember Twitter is all about the personal touch.